Wyoming County man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning
WYOMING COUNTY, N.Y. — A Wyoming County man is dead after he was poisoned by carbon monoxide.
According to deputies from the Wyoming County Sheriff's Office, police responded to a home on Dale Road in the Town of Middlebury on Sunday.
They found 72-year-old Paul Kaczmarek and his wife, 74-year-old Annette Kaczmarek, laying on the floor.
Paul and Annette were taken to Wyoming County Community Hospital. He was pronounced dead there, while Annette was moved to another area hospital.
Fire officials say they measured high carbon monoxide levels in the home. They weren't sure if the couple had any detectors.